About Our Blankets
What makes a blanket from Brackney Hills Knitting so special and separates us from other companies?
- The image is actually knit into the blanket. It is not simply printed on, painted on, silk-screened on or embroidered on the material. You know what a screen printed T-shirt looks like after just a little use and a few washings. Would you want your blanket to look the same way, or would you rather buy one that gives you enjoyment for years to come?
- We use only 100% virgin acrylic heavyweight knit that is machine washable
and dryable. Plus our use of double ply yarn produces a very heavy blanket (competing products often feel light - like a beach towel). Our quality is reflected in the weight:
our 60" by 60" blankets weigh nearly 4 pounds!
- All of our products are made here in the USA. That includes not only the knitting
of the blankets themselves but the making of the binding and fringe trim, the hand stitching of the
binding/trim to the blanket, and then final inspection.
- The extra care we place on the finish work is what we think makes our
blankets a better product. But first we need to describe the alternate methods that are being
used in the marketplace.
Some companies just sew the ends with an overseam stitch. But with nothing solid to add
stability, the edges of the blankets curl and wave and do not lay completely flat. Yes, it's a
quicker and cheaper way to manufacture, but the final product definitely does not look good
on your bed or in your lap.
Another cost-cutting measure is to sew a very narrow silky material to the edges. This is
obviously an improvement over just using an overseam stitch, but it still does not provide the
strength that these blankets need. It also somewhat detracts from the blanket, and gives it
sort of a hand towel look.
All of the blankets made by Brackney Hills Knitting have binding (made from the same yarn
as the blanket) lock-stitched around all four edges. The top and bottom binding is solid, and
the left and right sides of the blankets have either the same solid binding (below left) or
binding with fringe trim (right).
- Each blanket is shipped in its own zippered vinyl bag. In the outdoors the
package can double as a seat cushion until you're ready to use the blanket.